What did we make of all that scrap leather we started hoarding in August? Here is some of it. More coming.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 17 entries.
Entries by admin
A couple of days in Stonetown and at the very nice Shooting Star Lodge in Kiwengwa in Zanzibar.
These shoes… I can’t make up my mind, should they have the bow tie or not? What do you think?
A sneak peek of my best project ever: shoelaces! Just wait until you see them on the shoes we’re now making for them.
Blackfly fashion video by Chico Leco
One day we decided to do a photo shoot; me, my niece Nicola and my friends Amanda and Kimatu. We planned to go to Lake Magadi and take pictures on the white saltpan, but we couldn’t get there so we ended up at a dead tree along a deserted tarmac road.
Long bus trip to Turkana but worth it for the humbling experience and the inspiring beadwork. Turkana girls start buying beads at young age and when they have enough they make their own necklaces. These necklaces don’t come off but when they get married (thanks in part to a good necklace making them attractive) they […]
Latest blog posts
- The Many Upcycled Zippers BagDecember 11, 2015 - 6:33 pm
- Blackfly in JohannesburgNovember 4, 2015 - 1:15 am
- Our first sale in New YorkJuly 4, 2015 - 3:17 pm
- Blackfly in New YorkJuly 1, 2015 - 10:36 pm
- Batik by the CraziesJanuary 18, 2015 - 3:10 pm
- KivaNovember 18, 2014 - 2:41 pm
- Fashion showOctober 7, 2014 - 11:42 pm